Thursday, January 20, 2011

Writer's Intro

My experiences with writing have been many. I developed a passion for writing at somewhat of an early age. I used to write short stories in grade, as well as in middle school when I had to. The last "big" writing assignment I had was when I had to write an autobiography of myself. This was great because writing about something you enjoy is always fun. It comes much easier than things you dont really know about or have to research (obviously). I have been enclosed in a small amount of writing topics, an I look forward to expanding my horizons and be able to write about things that I'm familar with as well as not so familar with. My strengths as a writer I would say would be the fact that I love to write about my family and could really go on and on about them because they are a big part of me and its an easy topic of course. I would say family, friends, religion, and race are all topics that I have great strength in as a writer. My weakness would have to be failure to show interest in any other topics. I tend to write about a lot of the same topics and I am wanting to break that chain, and broaden my horizons on other topics. I'm sure there are many other topics out there that I can right about and enjoy doing it.

Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeriesha,

    Welcome to 104. I'm happy that you have chosen to enroll in my class.

    Tell me a little more about the autobiography you wrote about yourself. What did it entail? Was this in HS? Why did you enjoy it so much?

    This class may present a challenge in the way of writing topics, but I'm glad that you have an open mind. Also what may provide you more insight is writing from your perspective. What I mean here is that who you are signifies and affects how you see things or how you interpret things. Identity is an interesting thing. For instance, I am a white, middle class educated female. So the way that I see things may be different than the way you see things. You can apply this to the written assignment about audience awareness and ads.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. The autobiography revolved around my family, friends, and interests of mine mostly. I also talked about myself at an early age. Yes, this was a high school assignment. I enjoyed it a lot because it allowed me to relive great moments in my childhood and teen years that I surprising remembered.

    ReplyDelete